The AIR 52 RESIDENTIAL LIFT is the perfect choice for those who are in need of a wheelchair-accessible elevator or thedesire for a beautiful and spacious panoramic elevator within their home. This is the largest of the three vacuum elevators, capable of carrying three people, but even our largest lift takes up less space in your home than other traditional elevators. Like all other vacuum elevators, the AIR 52 RESIDENTIAL LIFT does not need a separate space for machinery or additional room above and below the lift for a pit. Since the unit has a self-supporting structure, you will not have to add a frame to your home before installing it. This means you can fit this lift virtually anywhere in the home.
The AIR 52 RESIDENTIAL LIFT can be set up to have two to five stops in its vertical course, which adapts it to homes up to five stories or a total of 50 feet. The model name for this residential lift comes from its external cylinder diameter of 52 11/16 inches. Inside the unit measures a roomy 43 1/2 inches in diameter. This provides enough space for a person in a wheelchair with an attendant or for up to three adults to stand in comfort. The cabin height is 6′ 7″, which is tall enough for provide headroom for most people. Rolling a wheelchair through the entrance opening is easy with its 32 inch wide door frame. With same side or opposite side door offerings, the largest of the residential vacuum elevators can be configured to accommodate almost any installation.
As an environmentally friendly home elevator, the only electrical required to power this three passenger, 525 pound lift capacity, residential elevator is 220V, 35 Amp, single phase service.
The wheelchair-accessible residential elevator maintains all of the safeties and technology just as the other PVE models. Should a power outage occur, the vacuum lift safely descends to the lowest level and the mechanical door lock enables the passenger to exit, preventing passengers from getting stuck. The cabin is equipped with an LED light as well as a cabin fan that circulates the ambient air throughout the elevator car.
There are many options for wheelchair-accessible elevators or lifts, but only our AIR 52 RESIDENTIAL LIFT vacuum lift gives you the space you need, the safety features you require, and a design that is second to none. Whether you or a loved one needs help getting around in your home, installing a vacuum elevator is a good choice. Never has accessibility been so visually attractive.
- No pit, hoist way, or machine room required
- Self supporting structure
- 50 ft (15m) Total Rise Max
- 20 ft/min travelling speed
- Two to Five Stops
- External cylinder diameter: 52 11/16 inches (1,316mm)
- Internal cabin diameter: 43 1/2 inches (1118mm)
- Internal cabin height: 6’7” (79 inches/ 2007mm)
- Entrance way opening: 32 inches (813mm)
- Weight of unit: 2025 lbs for 2 stop w/ 9’ ceilings
- Through Floor or Balcony Mount Landings
- Power Supply: 35 AMP 220VAC
- In-line and 180° door openings
- Aluminum and polycarbonate cylinder structure
- Automatic interior LED lighting and fan
- Mechanical emergency safety brake system
- ASME A17.7 Certified
- 220V, 60/50 Hz, 25amp single phase power supply
- 3 turbine motors located in pum box using total of 3kw
- Entrance width opening: 20 1/2" (521mm)
- Internal cabin heigh: 79" (2007mm)
- Internal cabin diameter: 29 1/2" (750mm)
- Automatic LED lightning cabin fan
- Door openings: same side ( in-line) and walk through (180 degree)
- All doors are hinged on top left, with door swing to the left, from inside the cabin.
> Door height: 77 3/4" (1,975)
> Height to top of Door closer: 79 1/2" (2,020mm)
Each landing level specified will include only one door
- 24 volt electrical circuits with all control in cabin
- Push button call controls with precise leveling at each landing
- Automatic descent to ground level at safety speed in the event of a power failure.
- Mechanical emergency brakes within two inches of free fall in vacuum loss or catastrophic failure.
- Electromechanical interlocks at each landing
- Alarm system and telephone ( optional )
The below requirements are for the vacuum elevator model PVE52. The external diameter of the PVE52 is 52 11/16” (1,339mm).
- Minimum height required at the ground floor is 92” (2,34 m).
- Minimum required height at the upper floor is 107” (2,70 m).
- Diameter of finished through floor hole must be 5411/16” (1,39m).
- When installing a three or four floor elevator, all openings’ circular perforations should be perfectly aligned.
- The electric feed shall be 220VAC single phase through an independent line of conductors of AWG N° 10 (6mm²); there shall be ground connection and a thermo-magnetic switch of 35A to be used exclusively for the elevator. The electrical supply is to be near the head (elevator’s top portion) and it is required to leave the female electrical receptacle at the top center of the elevator.
- It is strongly recommended that a Buck Boost or voltage stabilizer be installed along with the electrical work to prevent any damage to electrical components due to voltage fluctuation.
- When installing the elevator, consider the total dimensions, as a small room will generate a higher noise level. Therefore, it is not advisable to install the split motor in a very small facility.
- There must be an opening to make way for the cylinders of 54 11/16” (1,39 m) in diameter and of 92” (2,34 m) in length down to the ground floor. This access may be through door or window openings.
- Install a hook to bear 3200lbs at the ceiling where the elevator is to be installed to lift the cylinders. If it is impossible to install this hook, the minimum height at the last level shall be at least 109” (2,75 m).
- In no case must the perforation of the ceiling be less than 2” (5cm) from the wall, in order to allow for the installation tripod.
Split Unit Model
All requirements for the split unit model (remote location of head unit) are the same as the standard model except for the following…
- Minimum required height at the upper floor is 97” (2,47 m).
- Required space for remote location of head unit in attic or adjacent closet is 34” L x 24” W x 24” H (.86m x 0.61m x .61m)
- Remote location of head unit can be accommodated up to 30 linear feet (10 m) away from the elevator.
- Split unit connections require two 4” (10cm) PVC pipes to run the distance from the top of the upper floor cylinder split plate to the remote location of the head unit.
- Air supply to split unit has to be drawn from interior of residence (proper housing of head unit and air duct to interior of home required) housing of unit in attic should be a minimum of 6” greater on all sides than equipment.