It is safe to say that the Air 30 residential lift is the smallest home elevator in the world, but by no means should one underestimate its capabilities. The Air 30 elevator has a 350lb (159kg) lift capacity and is capable of up to 50 ft. (15m) of rise over as many as five stops. With a 30 inch outside diameter (total footprint), there are very few homes that do not have the space to accommodate the PVE30 single passenger residential elevator.
The Air 30 home lift was designed as a compact and cost-effective alternative to taking the stairs and is ideal for town-homes and tight areas where a traditional residential elevator wouldn’t even be a thought or consideration. The smallest of the three air vaccuum elevator models only requires a 32 inch finished through floor hole for the elevator cylinders to pass through. If it is a balcony/mezzanine style installation, the self-supporting home lift can be installed and secured in place against the upper landing(s) by means of a steel balcony band bolted into the landings with 3/8” lag bolts. Rather than requiring a large elevator shaft, the self-contained home elevator made of polycarbonate and aluminum, rests on the existing ground floor and provides a beautiful panoramic view as you travel from floor to floor within the home.
During the ascent or descent in the Air 30, the passenger can expect cool ambient temperatures from that of its surroundings as a cabin fan circulates the air in the cabin and an LED light keeps the cabin lit. While the Air 37 and Air 52 residential lift models offer same side and opposite side door configurations, the Air 30 is limited to only same side door openings.
The power supply required for the world’s smallest home elevator is 220V, 25 Amp, single phase service. This is roughly the same as a washer and dryer in most homes today. From an environmental and cost-saving standpoint, the Air 30 draws the least amount of electricity out of all of the Air Vacuum Elevator models, and just like all of the Air models, it does not even use electricity to descend. As the newest edition to the Air residential lift range, the Air 30 has quickly found its place as the ultimate space-saving solution for a home elevator. In the event that you need a personal home lift but do not have the ability to accommodate the Air 52 or Air 37 vacuum elevator models, the Air 30 is absolutely the answer for your home elevator.
- No pit, hoist way, or machine room required
- 50 ft (15m) Total Rise Max
- 30 ft/min travelling speed
- Two to Five Stops
- External cylinder diameter: 30 inches (750mm)
- Internal cabin diameter: 20 ½ inches (521mm)
- Internal cabin height: 6’7” (79 inches/ 2005mm)
- Entrance way opening: 20 ½ inches (521mm)
- Weight of unit: 560 lbs for 9’ ceiling
- Through Floor or Balcony Mount Landings
- Power Supply: 25 AMP 220VAC
- In-line door openings
- Aluminum and polycarbonate cylinder structure
- Automatic interior LED lighting and fan
- Mechanical emergency safety brake system
- 220V, 60/50 Hz, 25amp single phase power supply
- 3 turbine motors located in pum box using total of 3kw
- Entrance cylinder diameter: 30" (762mm)
- Internal cabin heigh: 79" (2007mm)
- Internal cabin diameter:
- Between columns: 20" (508mm)
- Without columns: 26" (661mm)
- Automatic LED lightning cabin fan
- Door openings: same side ( in-line) only.
- All doors are hinged on top left, with door swing to the left, from inside the cabin.
> Door height: 80" (2,032)
> Door height with door closer: 81 3/4" (2,077mm)
Each landing level specified will include only one door
- 24 volt electrical circuits with all control in cabin
- Push button call controls with precise leveling at each landing
- Automatic descent to ground level at safety speed in the event of a power failure.
- Mechanical emergency brakes within two inches of free fall in vacuum loss or catastrophic failure.
- Electromechanical interlocks at each landing
- Alarm system and telephone ( optional )
The below requirements are for the Air vacuum elevator model Air 30. The external diameter of the Air 30 is 30” (750mm).
- Minimum height required at the ground floor is 92” (2,34 m).
- Minimum required height at the upper floor is 107” (2,70 m).
- Diameter of finished through floor hole must be 32” (0,81 m).
- When installing a three or four floor elevator, all openings’ circular perforations should be perfectly aligned.
- The electric feed shall be 220VAC single phase through an independent line of conductors of AWG N° 10 (6mm²); there shall be ground connection and a thermo-magnetic switch of 25A to be used exclusively for the elevator. The electrical supply is to be near the head (elevator’s top portion) and it is required to leave the female electrical receptacle at the top center of the elevator.
- It is strongly recommended that a Buck Boost or voltage stabilizer be installed along with the electrical work to prevent any damage to electrical components due to voltage fluctuation.
- When installing the elevator, consider the total dimensions, as a small room will generate a higher noise level. Therefore, it is not advisable to install the split motor in a very small facility.
- There must be an opening to make way for the cylinders of 32” (0,81 m) in diameter and of 92” (2,34 m) in length down to the ground floor. This access may be through door or window openings.
- Install a hook to bear 1500lbs at the ceiling where the elevator is to be installed to lift the cylinders. If it is impossible to install this hook, the minimum height at the last level shall be at least 109” (2,75 m).
- In no case must the perforation of the ceiling be less than 2” (5cm) from the wall, in order to allow for the installation tripod.
Split Unit Model
- All requirements for the split unit model (remote location of head unit) are the same as the standard model except for the following…
- Minimum required height at the upper floor is 97” (2,47 m).
- Required space for remote location of head unit in attic or adjacent closet is 35” L x 31” W x 26” H (0.89m x 0.78mx 0.66m)
- Remote location of head unit can be accommodated up to 30 linear feet (10 m) away from the elevator.
- Split unit connections require a 4” (10cm) PVC pipe to run the distance from the top of the upper floor cylinder split plate to the remote location of the head unit.
- Air supply to split unit has to be drawn from interior of residence (proper housing of head unit and air duct to interior of home required and housing should be a minimum of 6” greater than the equipment on all sides).
- Electrical power supply to be provided within direct access to remote location of head unit.